What is an ADA compliant Shower?
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ensures equal access to all public goods and services. Commercial and public buildings in the USA need to meet the ADA standards and guidelines for accessibility. ADA compliant showers are handicapped accessible for wheelchairs and people of all abilities.
What is the size of an ADA shower?
The ADA guidelines indicate that showers must have certain clear INSIDE dimensions, but there are two acceptable styles.
An ADA Transfer Shower must have an inside dimension of 36” x 36”.
An ADA Roll in Shower must be at least 60” x 30” inside dimension.
Shop all Showers for Compliance
What is an ADA transfer Shower?
ADA Transfer Showers are designed so someone in a wheelchair could roll up beside the shower and transfer from a wheelchair onto the wall-mounted shower seat, and be able to access the controls from the seat. ADA Guidelines specify an inside shower dimension of 36” x 36”.
Thresholds in transfer shower shall be ½” high maximum (above the finished bathroom floor) (section 608.7)
Shop Freedom Transfer Showers
What is an ADA Roll in Shower?
ADA Roll in Showers are designed to crate wheelchair accessible shower. ADA Guidelines specify a minimum inside shower dimension of 60” x 30” to allow enough room for someone to enter the shower in a wheelchair or shower chair. ADA Roll in Showers can be larger.
Thresholds in roll in showers shall be ½” high maximum (above the finished bathroom floor) (section 608.7)
Why choose Freedom ADA Showers?
- Freedom ADA Showers meet the ADA guidelines regarding inside dimensions, and max threshold heights over the finished floor.
- We offer 1-piece showers for new construction, or multi-piece ADA showers for remodeling projects.
- Freedom Showers have reinforced walls for secure installation of grab bars and wall mounted shower seat.
- Freedom ADA showers and can be ordered with ADA accepted accessories. For 1 piece showers, ordered accessories will be factory installed at ADA compliant placement.
- Freedom Showers are constructed with fiberglass and an applied acrylic finish, a reinforced pan and are pre-levelled for the easiest installation. Excellent quality showers for long life and durability.
- We stand behind our Freedom Showers with a 30-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Accessibility Professionals has the best customer service in the market.
Contact our excellent customer service to receive a no-obligation quote for small or large projects.
Freedom ADA Showers Codes and Standards
Freedom ADA Showers are designed in compliance with the following codes and standards:
– A.D.A. Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities
– A.N.S.I. A117.1 Accessible and Useable Buildings and Facilities
– A.N.S.I. Z124.2 Standards for Plastic Showers
– I.P.C. International Plumbing Code
– U.P.C. Uniform Plumbing Code
– CSA Standards
– National Plumbing Code of Canada